Tips and Tricks to Start Selling On Walmart Marketplace
If you’re thinking of selling on the Walmart marketplace, here is a list of things you’ll need to know to get your ecommerce store booming.
By: Katie Melissa
With our culture shifting away from the typical 9 to 5 day-job, many millennials who have had a difficult time paying off student debt and/or earning a viable income that doesn’t include long hours and the constant stress of layoffs, corporate ladder climbing, endless meetings, and long commutes - are investigating ways to augment or replace traditional work force related income with more passive pathways to cashflow. These more passive income streams can be effective ways to augment one’s cash flow and increase one’s freedom. Speaking at the most basic level, passive income is money that is generated without your intensive involvement. At its perfected state, while you’re sleeping, your passive business is earning you money. To do this, many people are taking advantage of automated businesses, a hands-off business strategy that allows you to earn monthly income without the sweat, labor, and tears associated with other businesses or employment. Many people know about Amazon ecommerce stores, but over the past few years, Walmart has come to realize the platform value of their business and they have opened up to third-party sellers; and are we ever happy they did.
Walmart Allows Third-Party Sellers
Walmart recently opened its virtual doors to third-party sellers with excellent products, great customer service, and a proven history of quick delivery. Walmart also started to acquire excellent brands within their product categories - and these are not just the typical Walmart brands and products you’d find in their brick-and-mortar stores. When applying to sell on Walmart marketplace, Walmart favors sellers with already established ecommerce businesses.
Pros of Selling Via Walmart Automation
Walmart selling offers a new and emerging marketplace with little competition in comparison to Amazon selling. Walmart currently has only around 75,000 third-party sellers, compared to Amazon's over 2 million in the US alone. (10 million sellers worldwide). The reason being is Walmart is much harder to get approved to sell on than most other marketplaces - however, our team at Elite Automation works carefully with a solid understanding of Walmart’s goals and desires. This was accomplished through direct discussions with the Fortune 5 company. This has allowed us to build a great track record with the platform thus far, making it easier for us to set up your stores for our selected partners.
- There are no initial and monthly fees for selling on Walmart. Compare this to Amazon Seller Central’s $39.99/month selling fee.
- No Velocity Limits. We believe we can scale stores immediately since there are no Velocity Limits like on Amazon. For newer sellers that need funding help, Payability offers enticing capital solutions.
- Walmart receives 100 million site visitors per month. Walmart marketplace has only ~75,000 sellers compared to Amazon’s 2 million in the US alone.
- Walmart’s U.S. ecommerce sales grew 40% in the 2nd quarter of 2018, up from 33% growth in Q1. Additionally, according to Forbes, Walmart’s Online Sales Have Surged 74% During The Pandemic.
- At the end of 2018, Walmart overtook Apple.com as the third largest online retailer. Their total revenue stood at $128.03 billion.
Cons of Selling on Walmart Marketplace
- Walmart appeals to cost-conscious consumers. With several merchants competing for similar products, profit margins may be smaller than with Amazon. Products are expected to be extremely affordable.
The Pros & Cons of Automated Amazon Stores
On the Amazon side, there’s not always a guarantee a product will necessarily sell, and there’s a chance Amazon could suspend a store at any point in time with little warning, which can be a daunting list of risks to potential store owners.
However, our team at Elite Automation addresses these pain points by taking the guess-work out of the process and by selling on our partners' behalf products that are already proven to sell rapidly or consistently. A big pro of Amazon selling is reaching Amazon's network of over 150 million trusting Amazon Prime buyers. And when you are an Amazon seller, scalability is king. Wholesale Amazon FBA stores have no ceiling, when things are working well we are able to increase your revenue as we research and acquire more and more profitable items for the store.
How Elite Automation Can Help
Elite Automation sets up and manages an Amazon Wholesale FBA or a Walmart Dropshipping business of your own with a professional management team of seasoned e-commerce sellers with decades of experience and millions in sales collectively. Ready to chat? Simply fill out our form and we will be in touch shortly!